The Second Amendment to the Constitution reads, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
Let us be clear: the operative word in “gun control” is control. The current media discussion arising out of the Aurora, CO massacre will not have an impact on the 113th Congressional elections. Aurora CO already has a strict gun control law. Mayor Bloomberg, Arianna Huffington and the rest of that pack would be smart to, like President Obama, “keep their powder dry.” The casualty toll in that theater might have been 10% of the awful loss and devastation if Aurora had had conceal and carry laws.
Update: President Obama characteristically tries to “shoot his ammo and keep it too.” At a campaign stop, he called Wednesday for gun control laws. But don’t doubt me. his focus is not on tougher local gun laws. He wants all the rsult of a UN small arms treaty.
But, why is President Obama so much smarter than Mayor Bloomberg? Because he is working on the 2012 United Nations passage and Senate ratification of the United Nations Small Arms Treaty. So, what exactly, does the intended agreement entail and how will it affect your community and family? (Larry Bell, Forbes) “While the terms have yet to be made public, if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:
- Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
- Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
- Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
- Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
- In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.”
Every 2012 Liberty List candidate will be in favor of the Second Amendment to the Constitution. They must be aware and firmly opposed to the United Nations Small arms Treaty.