The House Ways and Means Committee held the first of many hearings yesterday to uncover the facts surrounding the almost certainly illegal targeting of conservative and Christian Americans and groups. Representative Kevin Brady R, TX, recounted a single chilling experience a conservative American had for months, asked outgoing Acting IRS Commissioner, Steven Miller, “Is this still America?”
Well, Mr. President, is this still America?
- After the “Fast and Furious” gun running to Mexican drug cartels has been buried like a brave American agent and more than 100 Mexicans, is this still America, Mr. President?
- Within weeks of coming to power in 2009, the Department of Homeland Security issued a warning to monitor and be prepared to act against “Rightwing extremist groups.” After considerable blowback, the warning program was withdrawn. Turns out it never went away. Today the Huffington Post and others are reporting DHS has issued a new report that “Rightwing extremism is on the rise.” Is this still America, Mr. President?
- Yesterday, however, in a checklist obtained by The Daily Caller entitled “Countering Violent Extremism Dos and Don’ts” the DHS’s Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties notifies local and national law enforcement officials that it is Obama administration policy to consider specifically Islamic criticism of the American system of government legitimate. Is this still America Mr. President
- Just this past Tuesday, Republican Senators revealed DHHS contacted health industry executives, community organizations and church groups that are set to enter “exchanges” or “help enroll” people, seeking donations—illegal pay to play money. Is this still America, Mr. President?
- Since you did say you believe in the First Amendment, Mr. President, I know you will not want to forget your DOJ secretly requiring carriers to turn over three month of records from 20 AP phone lines. Is this still America, Mr. President?
- No, Mr. President, we have not forgotten the Benghazi cover-up. The truth will find its way. Remember our second President, John Adams, explained, “Facts are stubborn things.” Is this still America, Mr. President?
Update: I missed the just revealed Huma Abedin Scandal/cover-up. You may have a point, Mr. President. It is difficult to keep up.
So, Mr. President, pull up a chair to the Ways and Means Committee hearing Friday on the mind numbing IRS abuses of honest Americans and Representative Brady’s question, “Is this still America?”
As you listen to Congressman Paul Ryan delivering “I’m going to help you get some clarity, here,” to Acting Commissioner Miller, what can you say, Mr. President, is this still America?
Finely, Mr. President, watch 2010 Liberty Lister, Pennsylvania Congressman Mike Kelly speaks for all of America, “This is very chilling for the American people. This is a Pandora’s Box that has been opened and I don’t think you can get the lid back on it and I don’t believe that the White House just found out from the news report.” Is this still America, Mr. President?