President Obama presides over a growing State of Fear
Alan Caruba, writing in the Canada Free Press, made a list of thing he notices Americans fear from Obama. The list includes these:
- President Obama demonstrates contempt for the Constitution, the Congress and the courts.
- Growing malaise and poverty has created a sense of foreboding in Americans.
- Detroit is bankrupt—many worry, “Is my city next?”
- Obama’s government has demanded Internet companies turn over customer’s stored passwords.
- The NSA is building a huge new Utah complex to store information on all of us.
- The National Defense Authorization Act permits the government to arrest and detain any American without recourse to an attorney or the courts.
- The Department of Justice seizes journalist’s phone records and, in at least one case, investigates a journalist as a potential spy.
- With huge Department of Homeland Security purchases of military equipment and firepower, what kind of uprising does DHS anticipate—and why?
- Fast and Furious gunrunning and the murders it is causing.
- The stonewalling and cover-up from the IRS after targeting, abuse, and intimidation of Americans became public.
- The government takeover of on sixth of the American economy IS UNDERWAY through implementing the PPACA—Obamacare.
- Benghazi: unprecedented, appalling and frightening.
- Millions of Americans are not working at all or only part time but the President changes the subject.
- Americans have real cause to fear the President and the prospect of living in a surveillance state where everything they communicate and everyone with whom they communicate can be identified.
- Signs indicate the press toward tyranny will continue.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security Plans for War
Let’s focus on one bullet from Mr. Caruba’s piece: The military buildup within the Department of Homeland Security. Remember when President Obama and Secretary Napolitano took office, they and others in the new Administration began to swiftly separate Islam from terrorism. The DHS found new terrorist suspects—“Rightwing Extremists” 77 days after taking office. The DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis provided all levels of government (including tribal) this 9 page assessment prepared by the “Extremism and Radicalization Branch, Homeland Environment Threat Analysis Division, Coordinated with the FBI.”
Well there you have it. Rightwing extremists have been identified as the threat to Obama’s coming “fundamentally transformed” America. Not Islamic Jihadists. Not international and domestic drug dealers. Not North Korea. Not China, Not Iran, Not Russia. No, no the terrorist suspects to focus on are American Conservatives. “The information is provided to federal, state, local, and tribal counterterrorism and law enforcement officials so they may effectively deter, prevent, preempt, or respond to terrorist attacks against the United States,” The Assessment declares. Even though Secretary Napolitano said she withdrew the Assessment, the DHS leads a U.S. Government plan for military action.
Not including purchases of the Department of Defense, the Federal Government has ordered at least 2.1 billion rounds of high caliber ammunition since President Obama took office. Homeland Security accounts for more than 1.6 billion rounds. DHS has also ordered thousands of what Senator Dianne Feinstein calls assault weapons and hundreds of military vehicles.
How much ammunition is that—really? For perspective, at the height of the Iraq war, the military went through 5.5 million rounds a month. That means DHS is ready for an Iraq size war lasting more than 380 months. They actually seem more prepared for a USA size 4 year war. Keep in mind these calculations do not account for possible resupply from time to time extending the duration of a USA size war.
Update: Reader Mike Gay found my math in error. The mistake is pitiful, that total stockpile of ammunition is 380 months or 31 years and a U.S. size war a mere 4 years. Also it seems DHS considers the homeland most of North America and Greenland.
You might wonder what part of the world the United States Department of Homeland Security expects to hold its war. You may ask, “Who does the U.S. Department of Homeland Security—the Obama Government—perceive its enemy to be?”
Make your own guess. I’ll just point out that the purchases include “bullet resistant checkpoint booths.” Do not overlook the DHS is the government home of the TSA. Oh, I’m sorry, that is Transportation Security Administration. You have encountered the TSA if you have flown in the past 142 months. But, “We are not the Airport Security Administration,” declared Ray Dineen, the air marshal in charge of a TSA office. [Emphasis mine]
The TSA has taken ground travel seriously. It turns out the TSA has a secret counter-terrorism team that shows up in transportation centers going back at least to 2011. The secret team ran more than 9,000 unannounced checkpoints and other search operations in 2011 with expansion for last year. They have also showed up at highway and street intersections. Knowing those “rightwing extremists” as they do, it is natural to have an expanding supply of bullet-resistant checkpoint booths.
On the other hand it is possible the DHS 50 year war plan is not for the good old USA and our “rightwing extremists.” Perhaps the 50 year war plan is for some other country—with “rightwing extremists.”
Private Citizens are arming at a record pace. According to the far left group Think Progress, American’s privately own 270 million firearms. Many buy guns for personal protection against the fear of crime. Others fear new strict gun control legislation. Americans continue to find ammunition scarce.
Clearly many now fear their own government. We know liberals generally don’t like to have guns around. I am just asking. What if “rightwing extremists” own two out of three—or 180 million—of privately owned firearms? What if the average ‘rightwing extremist” has 100 rounds of ammunition for each firearm? They’d collectively have 18 billion rounds of ammunition.
Are you are one of those firearm and ammo owning “rightwing extremists?” Or do you know one of those firearm and ammo owning “rightwing extremists?” What do you think? Is the Obama Regime motivated to have access to your phone calls, your emails, your passwords, your bank and credit card records, your medical records, your Internet searches, your TV viewing habits or your radio listening habits? Do you think they want to be able to learn where you have been and where you are going?
With just this one example of Mr. Caruba’s concerns, it is clear why President Obama presides over a growing State of Fear.